Introduction and question :-)

Här får våra vänner utomlands chansen till att ställa frågor
This forum is for our non swedish users. Feel free to ask questions and discuss.
Fred

Introduction and question :-)

Inlägg av Fred »

Hello Swedes!

A little about me:

1) My username is my name, and I live in New Zealand

2) I'm the creator and leader of the FreeEMS project

3) I currently own 3.8 Volvos and have owned one more in the past (the 0.2 is on the shelf and scrapped), the first one was 2009, a 1992 745 for 20,000km/90 days around the USA

4) I visited Sweden for a week in the summer of 2013 and hung out with and helped the Linkoping University FSAE team who used FreeEMS on their ER13 car, as featured here: https://vimeo.com/81936852 (well worth watching!)

A few pictures of my fleet. First up, the gold 240 wagon, my favourite:

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Second is my beloved 740 GLE 16v sophisticated tyre melter:

Bild

Bild

And a 244 parts car for the 245 which could do with fresher headlight reflectors and a few other minor things:

Bild

And finally, the 0.8, an ex 16v 940 wagon, now... different:

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

You see what I mean by 0.8 now? :-D Though the interior is gutted, so it's more like 0.5 really.

But I came here to ask one question: What happened to this thread by Erik/"LindStyling" from Nora about his Nur spec 244: http://forum.svenska200klubben.se/viewtopic.php?t=30261

Bild

Any ideas? Thanks in advance :-)

Fred.
Fred

Re: Introduction and question :-)

Inlägg av Fred »

Ooops, I forgot the 2009 740 wagon that I used to have, here are a couple of it, too:

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Cheers!
Råda
Donator
Donator
Kontakt:

Inlägg av Råda »

Nice to see some foreign members. Nice collection and that trailer is awesome! :)
You're on Turbobricks too?
Jonas Anderot
SkauneJohan

Inlägg av SkauneJohan »

that is a nice 245, love the color, is it champagne?
volvo 244-82 Bild
Fred

Inlägg av Fred »

Glad you like the Caravan! The best bit is I got the brand new registration to reflect the history of the car, so it's a 1990 Volvo 940 GLE Caravan previously registered in Singapore and built in Sweden :-D Cheating, I know, as it was partially "built" right here in Auckland :-D

Yeah, I'm on TB as FreeEMSFred, but if you want to follow the detailed diaries of either car (or the caravan), that happens on my own diyefi forum to mind numbingly boring detail :-)

The colour? I can check the code if you tell me what to look at. I would call it "gold". It's really grown on me since I first saw it in the auction pics. I bought the car unseen online and then drove a few hours to pick it up. They're like rockinghorse shit here. Rough value of 240s in NZ:

1) 242 10k nzd/5k euro
2) 245 5k nzd/2.5k euro
3) 244 1k-3k nzd/0.5k-1.5k euro

245s come up about once a year, and I've only seen one 242 come up since i started looking. Sedans come up all the time. I got my parts car for 450nzd/225euro, but I've not picked it up yet. Hopefully the tacho works! :-D And I can get some hinges from it for my front doors which flop.

I envy the yanks for their cheap supply of 245s and 242s. I'd love to add a 242 to the fleet one day, with a race-like package and manual. Both of these cars need to stay auto, it suits their characters. The gold car is the super smooth cruiser and the blue car has a split personality, executive style cruiser, or, if you let the B234F rev out, a bit of hooligan :-D With a manual, and me driving, it'd always be the hooligan which would be a shame.

Gold car was NZ new, the blue car is JDM! :-D

Fred.
HarPes

Inlägg av HarPes »

Hi Fred...
Nice to see that somebody (on the other side of the globe) has same kind of interestes and crazy ideas like me.

I am Harri from Finland and I´ve had something to do with 240 Volvos since -84.
I bought my first (now blue,originally yellow 245 -77 )-84 when I lived in Sweden some time, originally it was B21A+BW55. It has been my (eternity)project from about -93 and now is B27E+AW71.

Also owned 2 240:s from eighties... and the green one became a trailer.(sold some years ago)

Some weeks ago I bought 240SE -92 "golden" from the first owner,(268000 km) and almost like new in and outside.The car has been very carefully serviced and rust protected. And after buying it I know I will never ever get my project ready... actually my interest for it is below zero.

Anyway, hope you will continue with your fine hobby with the Volvos... and maybe get more crazy ideas like this:
Some 5 years ago I found an ex finnish army lorry ZIL131 6x6 5,9 ltrs bensin V8. ;) it is funny.

All the best
Harri
240se pieni.jpg
Volvo 245 -77.JPG
Sininen ja kärry.JPG
Vihreä Volvo (4) pieni.jpg
Volvo Pun pieni.jpg
ZIL pieni.jpg
Du har inte behörighet att öppna de filer som bifogats till detta inlägg.
Skriv svar